Joyce will be speaking at the Labor and Employment Section program at the MSBA Annual Meeting. The program will take place on Friday June 14 from 8 to 10 am. The program topic is:
Marijuana in the Workplace. The program will cover:
- Maryland’s Drug Testing Law
- ADA and Maryland law on Accommodations
- What the law requires with regard to prescription drugs as a comparison
- The state of Federal and State Laws regarding Marijuana
- Illegal under Fed.
- State laws that make recreational use legal and how that impacts an employer’s right to discipline, especially in states with lawful off-duty conduct laws
- Laws that make medical use legal
- What the laws say?
- How they differ
- Some prohibit retaliation or adverse employment actions
- How the case law has developed
- What about Maryland law? What does it require?
- Preemption arguments?
- Where do lawyers see the law going?