- Baltimore Discrimination Lawyer
- Baltimore Sexual Harassment and Abuse Lawyer
- Baltimore Wrongful Termination Lawyer
- Ben Barlow
- Citation Lists
- Columbia Discrimination Attorneys
- Columbia Sexual Harassment Lawyers
- Columbia Wrongful Termination Lawyer
- Frederick Discrimination Lawyer
- Frederick Sexual Harassment Lawyer
- Frederick Wrongful Discharge Lawyer
- John M. Rott
- Prince George’s County Employment Lawyer
- Prince George’s County Discrimination Lawyers
- Prince George’s County Sexual Harassment Lawyer
- Silver Spring Wrongful Discharge Lawyer
- Timothy M. Hartman
- Wrongful Termination, Workplace Retaliation, and Unsafe Work Environment Claims During COVID-19
- About Joyce Smithey
- Barnett Q. Brooks
- Reuben W. Wolfson
- Lisa L. Walker
- Areas of Practice
- Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Legal News
- In the Media
- Presentations and Publications
- Legal Disclaimer
- Thank you
- Areas We Serve
- Baltimore Employment Lawyer
- Columbia Employment Lawyer
- Dundalk Employment Lawyer
- Ellicott City Employment Laywer
- Frederick Employment Lawyer
- Germantown Employment Lawyer
- Glen Burnie Employment Lawyer
- Rockville Employment Lawyer
- Silver Spring Discrimination Attorney
- Silver Spring Employment Lawyer
- Silver Spring Sexual Harassment Lawyer
- Waldorf Employment Lawyer
- Annapolis Wage Issues Attorneys
- Experienced Annapolis Discrimination Attorneys
- Sexual Harassment and Abuse
- Employee Contract and Severance Negotiations
- Equal Pay Act
- FMLA and Medical Leave Attorney Serving Maryland and the D.C. Area
- Public Sector Employment Lawyer Serving the D.C. and Maryland Areas
- Employer Retaliation and Reprisal Lawyer Serving MD and Washington D.C.
- Claim Prevention and Employee Handbooks
- Restrictive Covenants and Non-Competes
- Employee Class Action Lawyer
- Whistleblower Litigation
- D. C. and Maryland Employment ADA Disability Claims Attorney
- Washington D.C. and Maryland Area Employee Defamation Lawyer
- Maryland Employment Lawyer for Claims of Wrongful Discharge
- Workplace Privacy
- Employee Applicant Testing
Posts by category
- Category: Discrimination
- Discrimination in Remote Work Environments
- Can I Sue for Discrimination As a Job Applicant?
- Average Settlement Amounts for a Racial Discrimination Lawsuit
- What Are the Protections for Employees Who Report Workplace Discrimination
- Toxic Workplace Behaviors and Discrimination Employers Should Watch Out For
- How Should Employers Accommodate Pregnant Employees?
- What You Should Know About Workplace Discrimination on the Basis of Gender Identity
- Discrimination: How Can I Recognize Ageism in the Workplace?
- Do Employers Have the Power to Shorten Discrimination Claim Deadlines?
- How Can Employers Support Hidden Disabilities in the Workplace?
- Religious Discrimination: Employees That Are Part of Religious Organizations May Not Be Protected
- How Employers Can Fight Employee Disability Discrimination in the Workplace
- What You Should Know About the Pregnancy Discrimination Act
- What Defenses Does an Employer Have to a Charge of Discrimination?
- Six Facts About Religious Discrimination
- How to Promote Racial Equity in the Workplace
- Statute of Limitations for Discrimination and Harassment Cases
- How Companies Ensure That Employees Aren’t Discriminated Against
- Category: Employment Law
- What Happens to Employees During Mergers and Acquisitions?
- Workplace Sexual Harassment as a Contractor or Temporary Employee
- What Happens to Equity When You Leave a Company?
- How Do You Prove Breach of Fiduciary Duty?
- Employee Rights During On-Call Employment
- Can I Be Fired If I File a Lawsuit Against My Employer?
- How to Get Out of an Employment Contract
- What Does the Maryland Commission for Civil Rights Do in Employment Discrimination Cases?
- Can You Be Fired for Taking a Leave of Absence?
- Can My Employer Take My Tips from My Paycheck?
- How to Deal with Employee Stock Disputes upon Termination
- What to Do If Your Employer Won’t Reimburse Business Expenses
- What Employers Should Know About Ban the Box in Maryland
- What You Should Know About Artificial Intelligence in Human Resources
- Can I Be Fired for Filing a Complaint?
- Equal Pay Act: Maryland Guide for Both Employers and Employees
- EEOC Guidance Updates About COVID-19 Testing
- Getting to Know Mandatory Employee Vaccines
- Tips for Adopting Solid Workplace Flexibility
- What You Should Know About Maryland’s Newly Passed Paid Family and Medical Leave Law
- Gender Pay Gap: Know the Facts
- Employer Obligations for Employee Absence Management
- Ways for Employers to Support Disabled Employees Who Are Working from Home
- New Year’s Resolutions for Employers
- Understanding Constructive Discharge
- Can I Fire an Employee Who Brought a Gun to Work?
- Ten Policies to Consider When You Review Your Business Employee Policies
- Here are the Top 5 FLSA Mistakes That Employers Make
- What Can Be Considered Workplace Retaliation?
- How to Report an Employer to the Department of Labor
- What Is Employment Disparity?
- What Employers Can Do If Workers Refuse a COVID-19 Vaccination
- Can You Terminate an Employee Solely for Poor Performance?
- LGBTQ Non-Discrimination in MD: What You Need to Know
- Remote Working: What Employers Should Consider
- What Are the Types of Workplace Discrimination
- COVID-19: What Employers Need to Know
- Category: In The Media
- Chambers and Partner Reviewed Smithey Law Ranked Number 1
- Employers Have Broad Leeway To Fire Capitol Rioters
- Capitol Melee Raises Question Of Worker Pay In Lockdown
- 10+ Years Selected as Super Lawyers
- Flynn Law Group LLC, Smithey Law Group LLC Announce Formal Affiliation
- Joyce Smithey and Donna Rucker to speak at Luncheon Seminar held by MWLEA
- FenderBender – Overtime Pay: Who Gets It?
- US News – Experts Question Casinos’ Plan to Prevent Sexual Harassment
- USNews – Sexual Misconduct Often Part of the Job in Hospitality Work
- Joyce Smithey Teaming Up with Ellen Flynn for Breakfast Talk
- Category: Legal News
- What Is the Fair Labor Standards Act?
- How to Explain Wrongful Termination on a Resume or Job Application
- Can Sexual Harassment Happen Outside of the Workplace?
- Know The Difference Between Workplace Bullying and Sexual Harassment
- Get to Know Sexual Harassment Policies and Training Around The World
- How to Make a Strong Legal Sexual Harassment Case in Maryland
- How Are Wrongful Termination Settlement Values Calculated?
- Three Steps to Do in Implementing New Anti-sexual Harassment Training
- Signs You Should Know That Show You Were Wrongfully Terminated
- Best Practices in Investigating Sexual Harassment Allegations
- The Difference Between Unfair Termination and Wrongful Termination
- What Employers Should Know About #MeToo Effects on Sexual Harassment Litigation
- What Employers Should Know About the Wage and Hour Law in Maryland
- Is It Legal to Fire Someone for Absenteeism?
- 5 Signs That My Boss Is Not Taking My Sexual Harassment Report Seriously
- What Are the Effects of Sexual Harassment in the Workplace?
- Can My Boss Fire Me if I Share My Political Beliefs on Social Media Platforms?
- Can I Sue My Employer for Firing Me Under False Accusations?
- What Constitutes Harassment by a Supervisor?
- Is Wrongful Termination Difficult to Prove?
- What Kinds of Behaviors Are Considered Sexual Harassment?
- Wrongful Termination Settlements: What You Need to Know
- How to Deal with an Employee Sexual Harassment Complaint
- Can I Get Fired for Not Answering My Phone on My Day Off?
- Can I Be Punished for Complaining About Sexual Harassment?
- Notice Requirements for Job Layoffs in Maryland
- Steps to Prevent Sexual Abuse in Your Workplace
- When Must Employers Pay Overtime?
- What Are the Forms of Sexual Harassment
- What Constitutes Wrongful Termination in Maryland
- How to Deal with Sexual Harassment from a Coworker
- Maryland Employment Laws Legislative Wrap-Up for 2020
- Smithey Law Group Hotline Event on employment matters related to COVID-19
- How do you Deal with Unfair Treatment at Work?
- What Is the Average Settlement for a Discrimination Lawsuit?
- What Is a Reasonable Severance Package?
- What Are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Out of Court Settlements?
- What’s Required to Prove Discrimination in the Workplace?
- Can a Company Refuse to Pay Commission?
- What Behaviors are Considered Criteria for a Hostile Work Environment?
- Can I Sue My Employer For Unpaid Wages?
- Smithey Law Group LLC to celebrate second year with Open House
- Smithey Law Group LLC is celebrating its one year anniversary on June 1, 2019
- Joyce Smithey and Donna Rucker to Present at Employment Law Group
- Joyce Smithey to Speak at the Labor and Employment Section Program at the MSBA Annual Meeting
- Joyce Smithey Elected to MD State Bar Association’s Board of Governors
- Joyce Smithey Awarded Leadership in Law from Daily Record
- Smithey Law Group Selected to America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators
- Common Overtime Violations
- Employment Law Attorney
- Long-Term Disability and ERISA Attorney
- Senate to Consider Ban on Credit Checks for Job Applicants
- Employment and Disability Attorney
- Modified Work Schedules under the ADA
- Gender Discrimination Attorney
- Employment and Mediation Lawyer
- Former County Employee Alleges Political Retribution
- Employer Liability Attorney
- Age Discrimination Lawyer
- Worker Privacy Protection Lawyer
- Former Firefighter Sues Sykesville Department
- Category: Sexual Harassment
- Category: Smithey Law News
- Category: Wage Issues
- Category: Wrongful Termination